Friday, 14 November 2008

Finished!

Dingaling! Finished! Whoop!

After starting this blog in September I can now officially report I have just finished my last E Card.....animation. At the time of writing this I am just taking a healthy break before I make the envelope for it and animate and script the play back features. But I need a break and other than my evaluation this will be my last entry. I was hoping to have this project finished last week, last Friday to be exact - thus there has been a weeks delay, but I have knocked out another cartoon (Albeit not my finest piece of work) in that time so yey me! Later on today I will find myself in conversation with Al Jean of Simpson's writer fame amongst other things and he won't know my name, anything about this blog or even that I got up at 7 this morning to get this piece of crap finish.

I have officially got bored of Flash. I want my next project to be something I can show off. When people ask: "O you're an animator...where can I see your work" I want to be able to go: "Boom baby. Go here! Everybody friggin' loves me and my mad animation skills - fancy some drinks sometime?" Exactly like that. I don't like this animation. When I animate I am constantly finding ways to cut corners - I make Hanna Barbera look like amateur corner cutters.... - in this instance I didn't just cut the corner, I drove a bulldozer through the building on the corner and then some.

It's quite a lazy piece of work to say the least and in the end it looks a lot better than it did say, a couple of nights ago. I still don't like it and it really does look like a step backwards in my animation. That is why I am so eager to get it done so that I can start my next piece and just crack on with some REAL animation. Some FBF stuff, with at least every second frame being a new drawing. Applying all the new skills I am have learned into a competent and clever finished piece that I can show off to people and can send off to be entered into next years animation festivals to start making a name for myself.

Anyway. Here are some screenshots.

Who's this pesky critter lurking round the corner?

Sam the Sea Gull mother-licker!

Holey-Moley!

Scared....I would be too.



What I found was that I was watching a very bright and happy mugging - rather than the dirty gritty mugging (As muggings should be) that I had in my mind. Let me show you what I mean.

Original

New

These basic lighting effects really bring the piece to life. For some reason they won't go next to each other so that you can see it clearly, but there is a lot more atmosphere with the lighting and it really helps bring to life what was to me very dull piece of animation. So just the card to go. Then I need to write the disc and organise everything into a folder. Then onto newer and better things!

No comments: