Wednesday, 5 November 2008

"Robbing Seagull B***ard..."

The inspiration for my final E Card came from having my chips and ice cream nicked in the same day at the sea side over the summer. Also I got shat on that day too. Frig sake. Anyway, after the concept I did some research and I discovered just what a bunch of pilfering little twats seagulls actually are...take this video here for instance.

Look at him the clever little shit. Now this one is actually quite crafty, the Sam Seagull in my E Card is a little bit more direct. How so? Well, in an armed robbery kind of way.

This is what he might have looked like....but now he doesn't...

...This is the criminal at large. Sam Seagull!

Look at him running away from the scene of the crime...

This isn't what he looks like when he holds people up....but this is the original concept drawing.

This is his poor helpless victim....

And this is Sam holding him up at gun point...

Let me take you through how it goes down with Sam. This is the first rough draft Storyboard...so its not too neat and a lot is gonna change...

Step by Step.....

He waits round the corner for a victim.

Then he jumps out and uses the element of surprise.

He screams and shouts at them and scares the daylights out of them with his squawk.

They drop what ever Sam wants and run in fear.

Then Sam enjoys the spoils.

The perfect crime I am sure you will agree and it is all here in the form of animated proof. Watch this spot over the next few days to see how I get on with animating this wonderful gem of a bird. I am using a different program and converting to Flash, so we will have to wait and see how the results are over the next 48 hours as this is a fully Frame By Frame animation. Its the direction I want to head because I'm tired of making puppets out of my cartoon characters. They are good creations and I want people to see them as 3D, real characters....rather than broken up drawings moving randomly and robotically in a predetermined manner.

No comments: